Well, well, well. Look who got nominated for an award! Sort of. Near as I can tell, this is more of an honorary nomination for a prize that does not exist and has no winners. Yes, I’m as confused as you. Still, I’m pleased and humbled as punch that Sarah Baughman nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award. Do right by yourself and check out her blog on life, writing and parenting in unusual circumstances (overseas!).
Accepting the Versatile Blogger Award requires the following:
1. Thank the award-givers and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Following Rule #2, her are seven (monumentally important) facts about myself.
1. I eat popcorn just about every night. Since scientists recently discovered that popcorn is the most healthy food on the ENTIRE PLANET, this makes me healthier than 95% of the people on Earth.
2. I used to be fluent in Spanish. What little I can still speak sounds pretty good though. I’ve been told (by a live, actual Mexican!) that I don’t have an American accent when I speak it.
3. I once told a girl her dress looked like a picnic table. This was a mistake.
4. I have mild scoliosis. As an old man, I suspect I’ll have severe arched back.
5. I have crashed a car and been dumped by a girl all in one night, in that order.
6. I have successfully turned my wife on to a few sci-fi shows like LOST and Battlestar Galactica, but I have yet to enjoy one movie with Sarah Jessica Parker in it (excepting Flight of the Navigator, of course).
7. I grew up with three brothers and no sisters. I now have three daughters. Some call that karma. I call it a nice change of pace.
I will now pass the Versatile Blogger Award on to seven people whose entertaining, well-written blogs convey versatility and talent! They are, in no particular order:
Kristen Lamb of Kristen Lamb’s Blog is my go-to person for all information about current literary practices and how to integrate social media into the author’s online experience. The best part is that her approach is filled with humor and analogies and all those writerly things I love so much.
Angie Mizzell has a heckuva story to share and she’s not just doing it in her in-progress memoir. A former television journalist, she’s now a happy mom exploring the challenges of a life repurposed. Warm and insightful, she will enrich your life. I guarantee it.
Wes Molebash at Wes Draws! is, like me, a cartoonist who has made his way into blogging. The difference is, Wes still keeps his focus on drawing along with his other interests. I always love seeing what Wes is up to and I love the updates on the graphic novel he’s working on.
Shelli Johnson is a self-published success story and an ace blogger who covers the tricky world of being a writer with insight and solid observation. Read her now, thank me later.
Check ’em all out. Enjoy!